Child, Adolescent and Adult Counselling and Psychotherapy
Experienced practitioner who offers an 'at depth' psychological approach.
I offer individual counselling and psychotherapy for adults, for difficulties such as:
Anxiety; depression; low self-esteem/ insecurity; relationship problems; problems with work or family; chronic ill health; difficulties with sleep, food; eating disorders; family changes - separation, divorce, a new baby, illness, bereavement; difficulties with managing anger; addictive behaviours; self-harming behaviour; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; phobias; identity confusions.
I offer general counselling/ psychotherapy for a wide range of problems. I have a particular interest in longer-term work with adults who have recurring difficulties.
I also work with and am able to help children and teenagers with a range of emotional/ behavioural problems.
I have particular experience with:
- Angry, uncontrollable, unruly or violent children;
- ADD/ADHD children;
- Withdrawn, depressed or silent children; children who cannot play;
- Children with significant anxiety or insecurity, who may refuse to attend school;
- Children who have problems with food - over fussy eating or who are not able to eat properly; with sleep - nightmares, bed wetting; or with toileting - soiling etc.
- Children with learning difficulties.
- I have a special interest in seeing children who have significant developmental delays or disturbances. These include developmental disorders such as Autistic Spectrum Disorder or Pervasive Developmental Disorder. Depending on the outcome of an initial assessment, I may be able to help some of these children towards better functioning. Please see my page on 'Childhood Autism.'
- Angry/destructive/self-destructive, challenging teenagers;
- Withdrawn, depressed or anxious teenagers.
- Teenagers who have learning difficulties, problems with peer relationships or who have anxieties about 'growing up.'
- I am able to work with young people who are at risk of breakdown, who have suicidal feelings, act out, self-harm, have eating disorders and other addictive behaviours.
- I have experience of working with teenagers who have serious developmental problems. Also those who have experienced abuse as a child, who are now fostered or in care and/ or who attend a school for special needs pupils.
. I have a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and am a registered member of the BACP. (Registration number 180120)
. I have undertaken some further specialist training to work with children and teenagers. This training has not yet been completed.
. I have undertaken other additional study to offer an 'at depth' approach to psychological difficulties for adults.
. I have several years of experience in my own practice.
. I have other therapeutic experience in a variety of settings.
. I continue to be engaged in professional development and have ongoing contact with other professionals.
•I have occasionally given talks at local organisations on subjects such as 'Childhood Anxiety and Strategies for Parents,' 'Developmental Problems in Children,' 'Childhood Autism' or an open floor Q & A.
I offer flexible fees and times.
Tel 0757-2010656 to enquire or to arrange an initial consultation.
An initial consultation is 50 pounds. My standard fees are then 45 pounds per session. Sometimes lower fees may be negotiated.
I do try and offer a small number of lower fee places for those who could not otherwise attend.
An initial consultation for the parents of a child or teenager is 60 -70 pounds.
This appointment is usually for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
My area of special interest and experience is in working with children, teenagers and adults who have significant problems.
I take an 'at depth' approach to psychological problems which enables lasting change to occur.
Peel Psychological Therapy,
106 High Street,
Gosforth, NE3 1HB